Iowa Energy Center’s Spotlight: Frontline Finds Success at BECONFebruary 17, 2014
Frontline receives patent for its TarFreeGasTM gasifier.May 2, 2016
Frontline demonstrates fully integrated biomass to methanol production.
The Frontline team modified its pilot plant to produce renewable methanol from biomass and MSW-derived feedstock.
Frontline’s pilot plant is a fully integrated facility:
- feeding of biomass or MSW derived materials as well as oxygen and steam to the gasifier;
- gasification of the feedstock using Frontline’s proprietary TarFreeGasTM gasifier;
- gas clean-up and conditioning using Frontline’s proprietary PerfectGasTM gas cleaning;
- syngas compression and methanol synthesis using industry standard catalysts;
- methanol upgrading to Grade A methanol quality.