Iowa Energy Center’s Spotlight: Frontline Finds Success at BECONFebruary 17, 2014
Frontline receives patent for its TarFreeGas™ gasifier.May 2, 2016
Frontline demonstrates fully integrated biomass to methanol production.
The Frontline team modified its pilot plant to produce renewable methanol from biomass and MSW-derived feedstock.
Frontline’s pilot plant is a fully integrated facility:
- feeding of biomass or MSW derived materials as well as oxygen and steam to the gasifier;
- gasification of the feedstock using Frontline’s proprietary TarFreeGasTM gasifier;
- gas clean-up and conditioning using Frontline’s proprietary PerfectGasTM gas cleaning;
- syngas compression and methanol synthesis using industry standard catalysts;
- methanol upgrading to Grade A methanol quality.