Take your next step with Frontline BioEnergy, LLC
Frontline BioEnergy is hiring! See our positions below:
Senior Chemical Process Engineer
Frontline BioEnergy is engineering revolutionary technology and installing industrial systems in the renewable energy industry. We are looking for an experienced Chemical Process Engineer to assist in the engineering, design, and drafting of industrial equipment and processes to convert waste and biomass into electric power, fuels, and chemicals. Come join our dynamic, growing team!
The Senior Chemical Process Engineer will provide judgement and analysis for the design, development, and implementation of chemical and thermal processes and systems.
- Key contributor for engineering design and analysis of chemical and thermal processes, performing manual and computational calculations
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research
- Specify equipment, identify suppliers, review quotes, and manage suppliers and schedules to ensure high-quality on-time installation
- Provide written communication to customers and co-workers for documents such as progress updates, process narratives for control of complex systems, operating procedures for startup or normal operation of equipment, and assistance in writing government and commercial proposals
- Coordinates complex engineering projects from design to implementation
- Collaborate with and lead other engineers and technicians in the specification, test, and design of industrial equipment and development of corporate systems and safety procedures
- Support or lead project management to facilitate process implementation and promote successful execution
- Provide project site activities such as plant check-out, commissioning and plant start-up support, and operation training
- Regularly perform duties safely; complete all required, basic safety training; and participate in safety reviews
Salary commensurate with experience. Frontline BioEnergy offers competitive salary and benefits, and support is available for relocation expenses.
Research Associate – Chemistry
Frontline BioEnergy is engineering revolutionary technology and installing industrial systems in the renewable energy industry. We seek a Research Associate to assist in the development of industrial processes to convert waste and biomass into electric power, fuels, and chemicals. Come join our dynamic, growing team!
The Research Associate is responsible for routine qualitative and/or quantitative analytical chemistry testing of materials and processing the resulting data. The Research Associate will utilize established methods and procedures and laboratory equipment to perform analytical testing of biorenewable conversion processes, conduct analyses that rely on advanced instrumentation and analytical software, and assist in the implementation of complex analytical techniques. The role will include temporary shift work.
- Conduct research and perform tests on biorenewable conversion processes
- Operate laboratory instruments used for gas and liquid characterization (conventional GCs, micro-GCs, GC-mass spectrometers, Karl Fischer titrator, viscometers, etc.), fuel analyses (bomb calorimeter, organic elemental analyzer), solids analyses (sieve device for particle size distribution, surface area analyzer, etc.), and other analyzers as required
- Utilize scientific software to interpret and record test results
- Maintain supplies, lab ware, and instruments
- Maintain current, complete, legible notebooks and electronic files in compliance with good scientific and regulatory practices
- Develop and write technical papers or reports
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, or reagents for laboratory tests
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of data from plant operations to determine process or equipment operating efficiency or to diagnose malfunctions
- Analyze organic or inorganic compounds to determine chemical or physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, or reactions using chromatography, spectroscopy, or spectrophotometry techniques
- Ensure adherence to laboratory standards and practices to maximize safety and operational effectiveness
- Document analytical methods and procedures.
Salary commensurate with experience. Frontline BioEnergy offers competitive salary and benefits.
Don’t see your job?
Frontline is always on the lookout for self-motivated, teachable, detail-oriented people with good communication skills, ability to work within a team, and a commitment to surpassing customer expectations. If you are interested in joining the team, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.